Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ladies First!


For the past few years I've blogged about my kids getting sick. And, for some reason, they get sick more often than many other kids we know. My house is clean, and is by no means an abnormal harbor for unusual bacteria. And, when I say "my house is clean", I mean I sweep, vacuum, wash down everything and try to keep up on laundry, DAILY. It's cluttered. I've got kids, it's going to look like a hurricane
went through on most days. I suppose that this is what I get for bragging that Katie NEVER got sick.

Lucky for me the doctor's office is quite patient with me. Every person in there, billing, triage, the nurses and the doctors all know me and all
my kids by first name. For obvious reasons, that's a good and a bad thing. My kids love the doctor's office. They know how to get there, point it out every time we drive by, and get upset when they're not the ones going in to see the doctor. They get excited to see the toys, the books and then get excited all over again when their names get called to go back. Who likes going to the doctor, really? My kids are just weird, I guess.

Kenzie has had some problems with UTI's since she was an infant, and yesterday she ended up back at the doc's to evaluate another one. Ugh. This was the first time that any of my children have shown signs of a fear of peeing. We had been given a pee hat to use, but somehow that appeared off putting to her. We tried the hat on the toilet (like it should be used), and I even tried to have her squat on it. Well, after a couple minutes of grunting (I really though she was trying to pee) I look down to find that she h

as pooped in the pee hat. Okay. Yeah, that just doesn't work. For nearly 40 minutes I talked it up, I coaxed, I offered treats to Mackenzie before she finally decided to drip into a cup. Apparently, when pee fear is present, I need to NOT act like she needs to go, ignore her and when I hear a dribble in the toilet, stick the cup under as fast as I can to catch some pee. By the end of that forty minutes I honest to God felt like I had just conquered a task which would soon reward me with ribbons and whistles. Still waiting....



The newest thing my girls have introduced me to is their wet noodle drop, accompanied by a scream at any place, at any time, and for any reason. Some of the instances these displays of Yakisoba have been present, just in the past two weeks, include: Leaving the ball park. Leaving a park. Leaving Meemaw's. Leaving home. Walking into the store. Walking out of the store. Going the wrong direction (according to Kenzie) in the grocery store. Turning the wrong direction (again, according to Kenzie) while driving. Now, if you can imagine the wet noodle in the car, that's when, between the screams and flails, their noodle-iscious selves wriggle out of their car seat and onto the floor. Yes, I stop the car. Yes, I am angry when this happens. Yes, I have laughed at it, too. The best part though? A double noodle throw down. Two noodles is a good show. Two, loud, screaming noodles hanging on my arm as I attempt to drag them to the car has to be the best show I've hosted so far. The noodles even dropped in the middle of the road...I was so proud to be their mom that day!! (Pure sarcasm, there, folks!)) My ass isn't particularly look worthy, but, I bet that nearly everyone in the ballpark that day was pretty happy to see my ass as it meant we were leaving.

It gets better. I'm sure of it. In a couple of years they won't scream. They won't act out. They won't noodle up on me. I've got spaghetti sauce ready for the next show, though. :)

And, my momma brag for the day. First of all, my Katie made honorable mention with a 3.2 gpa. Way to go, girl!! And Cooper; I am happy to say that a couple of weeks ago my son schooled a 6 year old in manners, instructing a boy to say "please" and "thank you" when asking me for something. And, then I was slapped in the face at that whole manners thing when, at tee ball practice last week, one dad said to the kids "ladies first" referring to allowing the girls to hit the ball first. One boy says "My dad says that all the time at home." Coopers response? "Not mine!"


No comments:

Post a Comment