Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gold Digging and Galactic Hearts

Love is in the air.....It's Valentine's Day! The cards are signed, the goodies are packed, the children are in Valentine appropriate attire, and my heart is full of love! Since I have been with Corey my Valentine's Days have been filled with pure love, whether it was in an over the top surprise, or in a quiet evening home alone. I found me a romantic one, but he'll never tell you such a thing. I'm just going to say that no man can compare - But, the details are ours and I don't wanna share. I guess that's what makes it so fantastic - It's mine! The love, that is!

Cooper is in his last year of preschool, and the Valentine's are just as cute as ever. This year he sported the Star Wars Valentines with lollipops attached. He felt pretty cool taking those in, and he was the only one. Most 4 year olds aren't really into Star Wars, I guess. So, it was no surprise to find that, not only were there no other cards like his, most of the other kids have no idea what Star Wars is. Leave it to his fanatic dad and uncle to have introduced the love of all things Star Wars to my little man. (Imagine now the sound of the "whoong whooong" while swinging something like a baseball bat around.) Yeah, this is a great stage he's in.

Katie is gearing up for a magical trip to Disney World for a week with her best friend, Hannah. She leaves this Friday, and is so excited she can't seem to function properly. A week's vacation from little ones, household chores, homework and parents? Oh, how I would have dreamed of such a thing at 14 years old. But, as her mother, it's slightly different now that I have a different perspective. We talk about strangers (still, yes), responsibility, the fact that she's going to be 3000 miles away from us, the importance of listening to Kyle and Jill (Hannah's parents) and making sure that her phone is fully charged every day. I'm sure she'll be fine, but until she's on her way I'll continue to sound like a broken record.


Like all kids his age, Cooper occasionally digs for gold. We let him know that he needs to get a tissue, and there's never an issue. But, last night when he was caught "red handed," he quipped "I'm not picking my nose. I'm smelling my fingertips!" Knuckle deep, this kid has a come back with something that makes us laugh so hard we can't even argue.

Or, when Corey asks who the most beautiful girl in the house is (implying that he should answer that I am) he gets an honest response;
"Kenzie, then Rayla, then Katie."
Corey: "Well, what about mom?"
Cooper: "Yeah, she's okay. But she's NOT a girl. She's a mom."

Hahahah!


Oh, how wondrous they are! Happy Love Day, all!




No comments:

Post a Comment