Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where credit is due

It's absolutely wonderful when I come across things, and people, that make my life easier. I don't go looking for things, but when they come up, it just makes me happy. Obviously, when you have a family as large as mine now is, you have to cut corners, improvise and do things in ways you never imagined. The cleaning habits change. The cooking habits change. The bathing habits change. Everything changes. So in my blog today, I'm going to praise a couple of things that make my life easier, and maybe it'll help someone else, too!

The dryer bar. OMG! That thing is just awesome. Bounce has a dryer bar that you stick in the dryer and replace every 3 or 4 months (Walmart). I'm at the end of the second month and it hasn't let me down yet. I was getting sick of finding dryer sheets stuck in my bra's, or in Coopers jammies. And, because I'm just anal about our clothes smelling good, and no static, I always stuck in 3 or 4 sheets. Corey HATED that. But now, I don't have to dig through the dryer sheet box, or fight away sheets stuck together, or gather up the hundreds of them floating through the house on laundry day. Just a little bar in the dryer that stays there. Aaaaaah.

The laundry hamper. With a big family this is a must. I have a steel supported (sturdy little sucker) canvas 3 hamper bag get-up that, when full, is exactly the amount for 1 load of laundry (Amazon.com). YES, a bag that does half the work. We sort darks, whites and linens, and when everyone's doing it right, it's just a breeze doing laundry. It's on rollers, so if someone's being out of line, I can just roll it into their room to be filled appropriately. Ha, super laundry hamper on wheels. I suppose if anything were to make this easier it would be that the hampers washed, dried and folded the clothes as well. But, that's just silly.

My triple jogging stroller. It's a Bebe Love EVO triple - (Overstock.com). And I love it. When I first opened the box I almost broke my back. I never imagined it being so big, and I didn't think it would be THAT heavy. HA. But, now that I'm using it regularly, it's just a dream. It's seats properly hold all three munchkins with deep separators, so Cooper doesn't punch a baby, and all three seats are equipped with the 3 point harness system. Yay! There is so much storage and the sun shield is nice and big. It's so easy to push, and now I have the folding and lifting and storing down to an art, and it's not so big anymore. I believe I mentioned in a blog some weeks ago about a trip to Walmart I took with the kids in the stroller. People were looking at me like I had peed myself, had my clothes on backwards, a booger sticking out of my nose and a bird in my hair. Seriously, it's an eye catching thing, but some people were just ruthless with their stares. Especially the super old folks, who were probably mulling over how incredibly larger that vehicle was compared to their wheelchairs. But in the end, I'd recommend it to anyone who has 3 kids who are stroller bound - Each seat holds up to 50 pounds, so we've got several years to go!

And lastly, but certainly not least, my in laws. I have praised her in past blogs, but seriously, I have got to have the best mother in law in the world. Unfortunately for the rest of you, she's not for sale! On so many levels this woman has made my life easier. With her giving, her caretaking, and sometimes even her cooking, she alleviates some of my stress and never hesitates to offer more. She's just an incredible person with the biggest heart in the world.

So, thank you Bounce. Thank you Overstock.com. Thank you Amazon.com. And, thank you Maija and Flip for making my life a little easier every now and again. Now I must head over to one of the two swings that sit in my living room, and feed little Rayla. That little stinker has to eat every few hours in the night. Oh well....Not everything's easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment